|Real Name||Sam Gores|
|Net Worth 2021||$50 million USD|
|Height||1.75 m or 5 ft 9 inches|
|Weight||74k kg or 163 pounds|
|Marital Status||Married to Jensen Buchanan|
|Education||American Academy of Dramatic Arts|
|Born||1954 (age 66–67)|
|Nationality||United States, Israel|
|Alma mater||B.A. American Academy of Dramatic Arts|
|Known for||Chairman of Paradigm Talent Agency|
|Spouse(s)||Jensen Buchanan (2003–2013) (divorced)|
|Family||Tom Gores (brother)|
Alec Gores (brother)
Early life and education
Gores was born in Nazareth, Israel in 1954 and raised by his parents alongside his two brothers and three sisters. His older brother, Alec Gores, and his younger brother, Tom Gores, both founders of private equity firms, have been included on the Forbes list as among the wealthiest people in the world. In 1968, when Gores was 14, his parents sold their home and possessions to purchase plane tickets to immigrate to the United States. They settled near Flint, Michigan. Sam immediately went to work bagging groceries in an uncle's supermarket, and worked his way through high school as a butcher. After graduating from Genesee High School, he began studying at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York, and later graduated with the academy's first class in Pasadena in 1976. Gores now serves on The American Academy of Dramatic Arts Board of Trustees.
After school, he worked without salary as an agent at The Gage Group, Inc., founded by Martin Gage, for almost two years while selling shoes on the side to support himself. Eventually, Gage brought Gores on staff. After several years at The Gage Group, Gores left to open his own agency, SGA Representation, and began to expand his business over time by acquiring other agencies. In 1986, SGA acquired The Jack Fields Agency and changed its name to Gores/Fields.
Gores represented Academy Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, and was described as “the most un-agent agent in the business because he’s a human being first,” by another one of his clients, Laurence Fishburne. Gores expanding his agency through acquisitions and mergers. By 1993, he had forged pacts with other agencies to form Paradigm, which now has clients that include Academy Award-winning actor Adrien Brody, Emmy Award winner Julie Bowen, Emmy and Tony Award winner Fishburne and Antonio Banderas.
Paradigm moved into the former headquarters of MCA Inc. on Crescent Drive in Beverly Hills and expanded its list of customers to include a broad base of Hollywood, Broadway, literary, television and musical talent.
In 2005, Paradigm's entered the music industry when it acquired Monterey Peninsula Artists and its roster of clients expanded to include The Black Eyed Peas, Aerosmith, Dave Matthews Band and Toby Keith. It later acquired New York-based Little Big Man, adding Coldplay and The Fray. As of 2014, Paradigm represents roughly 1,000 bands and artists, including Ed Sheeran, Fun., Janelle Monáe and Jason Mraz; and has grown to eight offices – Beverly Hills, Manhattan, Monterey, Nashville, Brooklyn, Austin, Hollywood, and London – and more than 300 employees.
Amid the Coronavirus outbreak, Gores laid off a large portion of Paradigm's staff, drawing criticism from media and employees. Gores was accused of being misleading after firing more than double the amount of employees originally reported and cutting insurance for laid off employees, which Gores later extended until June 2020. One employee filed a lawsuit, alleging serious misconduct from Gores including payoffs, prostitution and criminal misconduct.
Gores is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and the Recording Academy. Gores also serves on the Board of Directors for the Geffen Playhouse. He is also an active participant in Conservation International and is involved in Hand in Hand: Center for Jewish Arab Education in Israel which builds schools in Israel for both Jewish and Arab children, with the goal of promoting understanding and acceptance of all people, regardless of religious heritage.
Gores is father to three children and grandfather to three grandchildren.
- Billboard, Sam Gores by Ray Waddell, August 11, 2014
- Los Angeles Times: "Quietly Building a Talent Force - Sam Gores, chairman of Paradigm, shuns the spotlight. His company has been acquiring agencies, many of them in the music industry" by Claire Hoffman August 21, 2006
- Brennan, Morgan. "Forbes Alec Gores". Forbes.
- Forbes: The World's Billionaires - Tom Gores July 2014
- Palestinian Surprise: "TALENT AND LITERARY AGENT SAM GORES" retrieved May 21, 2015
- Americada: "Gores, King and White Join Academy’s Board" Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine Summer 2004
- Geffen Playhouse: "Board of Directors" retrieved May 21, 2015
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-06-11. Retrieved 2014-09-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Wondering what Sam Gores's full name is? Sam Gores's full name is Sam Gores
- Sam Gores's nationality is American
- What does Sam Gores do? Sam Gores's job is being a(n) Talent Agent
- What is Sam Gores's age? Sam Gores is 67 years old
- Sam Gores's relationship status is Married to Jensen Buchanan
- Which school did Sam Gores go to? Sam Gores attended American Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Sam Gores is a proud parent of 3 kids
Tags: Sam Gores net worth 2021, 2021 net worth Sam Gores 2021, what is the 2021 net worth of Sam Gores , what is Sam Gores net worth 2021, how rich is Sam Gores 2021, Sam Gores wealth 2021, how wealthy is Sam Gores 2021, Sam Gores valuation 2021, how much money does Sam Gores make 2021, Sam Gores income 2021, Sam Gores revenue 2021, Sam Gores salary 2021, Sam Gores annual income 2021, Sam Gores annual revenue 2021, Sam Gores annual salary 2021, Sam Gores monthly income 2021, Sam Gores monthly revenue 2021, Sam Gores monthly salary 2021