|Real Name||Edward Joel Kowalczyk|
|Net Worth 2022||$8 million USD|
|Occupation||Musician, Songwriter, Singer|
|Height||1.77 m or 5 ft 10 inches|
|Weight||kg or 0 pounds|
|Marital Status||Married (Erin Broderick Kowalczyk)|
|Education||William Penn Senior High School|
|Kids Names||Paul Edward|
|Birth name||Edward Joel Kowalczyk|
|Born||July 16, 1971|
|Origin||York, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
Edward Joel Kowalczyk (//; born July 16, 1971) is an American singer, songwriter, musician and a founding member of the band Live. After leaving Live in 2009, he launched a solo career. His first album, Alive, was released worldwide in June and July 2010. He rejoined Live in December 2016.
Kowalczyk was born to a family of Polish descent. He grew up in York, Pennsylvania and attended William Penn Senior High School in the York City School District, where he met the other three members of what would become Live. His father was a teacher at the local Northeastern High School.
Ed Kowalczyk was the lead singer, lyricist, and main songwriter for the band Live from its formation until 2009, then rejoined the band in December 2016. In 2009, he left the band and the other three members issued a statement detailing what they felt were inappropriate actions by Kowalczyk in regards to contract and salary negotiations. Kowalczyk was sued by the band, seeking damages and an injunction against using the name "Live". Ed rejoined the band in December 2016 after months of rumors.
Following his departure from Live, Kowalczyk recorded his first solo album, Alive, which was released in 2010. In 2012, he recorded The Garden and in 2013 The Flood and the Mercy. In 2014-2016 he embarked on an extensive tour celebrating the 20th anniversary of Throwing Copper, playing acoustic concerts across the U.S., Europe and Australia.
Kowalczyk has worked with musicians Stuart Davis and Glen Ballard and singers Anouk, Neneh Cherry, Adam Duritz of Counting Crows, Red Wanting Blue, and Shelby Lynne. He featured on the song "Evolution Revolution Love," from the 2001 Tricky album Blowback. He collaborated with Chris Frantz, Jerry Harrison and Tina Weymouth (ex-Talking Heads, then performing as The Heads) on the song "Indie Hair" from their 1996 album No Talking, Just Head.
Kowalczyk performed John Lennon's "Imagine" with Slash in 2003 at "Peace on the Beach," a rally to protest the coming War in Iraq. In 2008, he appeared in a video with will.i.am from The Black Eyed Peas, John Legend, Scarlett Johansson, and Nick Cannon, supporting U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama and appeared at campaign rallies for Obama with will.i.am.
Kowalczyk is a member of Canadian charity Artists Against Racism and has worked with them on awareness campaigns.
Solo studio albums
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2013||The Flood and The Mercy
Solo extended plays
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2001||"Evolution Revolution Love"
(Tricky featuring Ed Kowalczyk & Hawkman)
|2013||"Seven"||—||—||—||The Flood and the Mercy|
Songs in TV
- "Evolution Revolution Love" (Tricky featuring Ed Kowalczyk) was used in the NBC series The West Wing in the episode "Manchester (Part 1)".
- "The Great Beyond" was included on the soundtrack of the 2011 film Killing Bono.
- "Edward Kowalczyk IMDb entry" IMDb
- "Happy birthday, Ed Kowalczyk!" MTV.com
- Michael Alan Goldberg, "No Lead Singer Bonus For You, Ed Kowalczyk!" Archived December 14, 2009, at the Wayback Machine Make Major Moves Blog, philadelphiaweekly.com – December 7, 2009
- "Live Sue Former Frontman Ed Kowalczyk". Rolling Stone. July 19, 2012. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- Young, Alex (December 12, 2016). "Live reunite with singer Ed Kowalczyk, announce world tour and new music". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved March 18, 2020.
- "IMAGINE (Slash)" YouTube
- "Radio". Artists Against Racism. Retrieved March 18, 2020.
- Rhett, What Went Wrong?…Live Archived December 9, 2010, at the Wayback Machine Drone – November 2, 2010
- "Chart History for Alive" dutchcharts.nl
- Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988–2010 (PDF ed.). Mt Martha, Victoria, Australia: Moonlight Publishing. p. 157.
- Tricky – Blowback > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles Allmusic
- "Dutch Chart History for Evolution Revolution Love" dutchcharts.nl
- "Soundtrack details for West Wing episode Manchester (part 1)" IMDb
- Jagernauth, Kevin "Killing Bono Soundtrack To Feature Song By Pre-U2 Group The Hype" indieWire – February 23, 2011
- Wondering what Ed Kowalczyk's full name is? Ed Kowalczyk's full name is Edward Joel Kowalczyk
- Ed Kowalczyk's nationality is American
- Ed Kowalczyk works as a(n) Musician, Songwriter, Singer
- Ed Kowalczyk's birth date is 1971-7-16
- How old is Ed Kowalczyk? Ed Kowalczyk is 51 years old
- Ed Kowalczyk is currently Married (Erin Broderick Kowalczyk)
- Where did Ed Kowalczyk go to school? Ed Kowalczyk is a graduate of William Penn Senior High School
- Ed Kowalczyk is a proud parent of 1 kids
- Paul Edward is the child of Ed Kowalczyk
Tags: Ed Kowalczyk net worth 2022, 2022 net worth Ed Kowalczyk 2022, what is the 2022 net worth of Ed Kowalczyk , what is Ed Kowalczyk net worth 2022, how rich is Ed Kowalczyk 2022, Ed Kowalczyk wealth 2022, how wealthy is Ed Kowalczyk 2022, Ed Kowalczyk valuation 2022, how much money does Ed Kowalczyk make 2022, Ed Kowalczyk income 2022, Ed Kowalczyk revenue 2022, Ed Kowalczyk salary 2022, Ed Kowalczyk annual income 2022, Ed Kowalczyk annual revenue 2022, Ed Kowalczyk annual salary 2022, Ed Kowalczyk monthly income 2022, Ed Kowalczyk monthly revenue 2022, Ed Kowalczyk monthly salary 2022